Terms & Conditions
SPG/SPP GROUP PROMOTION TERMS
If a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program (an “SPG Member”) books and holds a meeting or an event at an SPG Participating Hotel (an “Event”) between April 1, 2013, and December 31, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”), and satisfies the terms and conditions of this promotion, the SPG Member will earn:
(1) one base Starpoint for every $3 US dollar or the currency equivalent that is incurred and paid for the Event under the applicable Event agreement (including all group room revenue, meeting room revenue, and catering revenue, and excluding tax, gratuities, and related charges), up to a maximum of 20,000 Starpoints per Event agreement, if he/she does not have elite status in the SPG Program as of the first day of the Event; or
(2) one base Starpoint for every $2 US dollar or the currency equivalent that is incurred and paid for under the applicable Event agreement (including all group room revenue, meeting room revenue, and catering revenue, and excluding tax, gratuities, and related charges), up to a maximum of 30,000 Starpoints per Event agreement, if he/she is a Gold Preferred Guest or Platinum Preferred Guest as of the first day of the Event.
Starpoints earned under this promotion will be posted to the SPG Member’s account within 8 weeks of the SPG Participating Hotel’s receipt of all amounts owed for the Event.
An eligible SPG Member will also earn one Eligible Night credit towards earning elite membership status for the 2013 Qualifying Period for every 10 consumed guest room nights under an Event agreement. For example, if there are 11 guest rooms that are used for each night of a 3 night event, there will be a total of 33 consumed guest room nights, and the eligible SPG Member will earn 3 Eligible Night credits. The Eligible Night credits earned under this promotion will not count towards the 250 total Eligible Nights needed to obtain SPG Lifetime Gold status or the 500 total Eligible Nights needed to obtain SPG Lifetime Platinum status under Sections 7.4 and 7.5 of the SPG Program Terms.
Terms & Conditions
For an Event to qualify under this promotion, the SPG Member and the Event must satisfy the following terms & conditions (the “Promotion Terms”)
• There must be an agreement for the Event entered into between the SPG Member and the SPG Participating Hotel (an “Event Agreement”). A booking of guest rooms, even if 10 or more, made through a Customer Contact Center or in any other manner will not qualify for this promotion.
• The Event Agreement must be entered into, and the Event must take place, during the Promotion Period.
• The SPG Member must provide his/her SPG Member number in the Event Agreement or to the applicable SPG Participating Hotel prior to the Event.
• This promotion does not apply to Events booked by an SPG Member on behalf of: (1) a government entity or a government owned entity; or (2) an employer, principal or client that has elected (through the Event agreement or otherwise) to have Starpoints to another individual or into a corporate or charitable account.
• The Event Agreement must specify that the SPG Member will receive Starpoints in accordance with the Promotion Terms, or the SPG Participating Hotel must otherwise agree to honor these Promotion Terms in writing.
• Starpoints earned under this promotion are in addition to any Starpoints an SPG Member may earn for an Eligible Stay he/she has at the SPG Participating Hotel during the Event and any promotions he/she may be eligible to participate in for such Eligible Stay.
• Charges for food and beverage that are not included in the Event Agreement (e.g., charges at a restaurant within the SPG Participating Hotel) will not earn Starpoints under this promotion.
• There is no limit to the number of Events that an SPG Member may earn Starpoints and Eligible Nights during the term of this promotion.
• If the Event is booked by an SPG Member on behalf of his/her employer, principal or client, the SPG Member is responsible for notifying his/her employer, principal and/or client of any Starpoints received under this Promotion, and shall comply with any gift and incentive policies that may apply. The SPG Member agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates from any liability, costs and/or damages relating to claims of any third party arising from a failure to disclose the receipt of Starpoints or any other incentives. such costs may include the cash value of any incentives that are paid directly to planner’s employer, principal or client in response to a claim hereunder.
• If the SPG Member is a member of the Starwood Preferred Planner® program (“SPP”), and is booking the Event on behalf of his/her employer, client, or other entity, the SPP Terms & Conditions apply in addition to these Promotion Terms. To the extent of a conflict, these Promotion Terms prevail.
• Starpoints will not be awarded on complimentary or barter rooms and meetings. • Starwood may correct the amount of Starpoints shown as credited to an SPG Member at any time.
• To the extent that terms are capitalized in these Promotions Terms, the terms have the meanings specified in the SPG Program Terms.
• Starwood is not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
• This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
• Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this promotion at any time. • SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. © 2013 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
©2013 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.