NORTH AMERICA AND LATIN AMERICA GROUP OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS
• If a customer (the “Customer”) books a meeting or an event at a Participating Property located in North America, Latin America or South America between March 20, 2014 and October 31, 2014, that has an arrival date on or before December 31, 2014, have a minimum of 10 guest rooms booked on the peak night (the “Qualifying Event”), and satisfies the terms and conditions of this promotion:
• the individual that books the Qualifying Event the Qualifying Event will receive a signing bonus of 1,000 Starpoints for every 10 room nights booked up to a maximum of 100,000 Starpoints (or 20,000 Starpoints for employees of a government entity or a government owned entity) per Qualifying Event, if he/she is a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program (an “SPG Member”); and
• the Customer that enters in the agreement with the Participating Property for the Qualifying Event (the “Qualifying Event Agreement”) will have the total guest room charges on its master bill for the Qualifying Event reduced by 2%, and
• the Customer will receive one of the following additional benefits (subject to availability at the Participating Property, and no substitutions or credits will be permitted):
o one complimentary standard room for one night for every 35 paid room nights during the Qualifying Event;
o one complimentary room-type upgrade for one night for every 35 paid room nights during the Qualifying Event, based on availability; or
o one complimentary one hour welcome reception hosted by the Participating Property in a space chosen at the discretion of the Participating Property for the number of guests equal to the number of guest rooms actualized on the peak night of the Qualifying Event. The welcome reception will include complimentary assorted hors d’oeuvres (3 pieces per person), plus beer/wine/sodas for one hour. After such one hour period has lapsed, menu items and beverages may be purchased by Customer at prevailing menu prices. Reception food and beverage items are at the discretion of the hotel and will be outlined in the contract. Not valid at hotels with third party food vendors. Normal rates will apply for additional reception attendees. The welcome reception space is at the discretion of the hotel.
Terms & Conditions
• Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program may be obtained for free at www.spg.com.
• Promotion must be referenced at start of the negotiation process with the Participating Property for the Qualifying Event, and is not valid with any room blocks or Qualifying Events booked, under negotiation, or that occurred prior to March 20, 2014.
• Promotion may not be combined with any other offers, incentives, discounts or promotions.
• Promotion is not valid for catering-only events or wedding contracts.
• Promotion is subject to availability of guest rooms and meeting facilities at time of booking.
• Promotion is valid on eligible Qualifying Event bookings, including those booked through travel agents and third parties at commissionable rates, provided that a Qualifying Event Agreement is signed between the Customer and the Participating Property. A booking of guest rooms made through a Customer Contact Center or in any other manner other than pursuant to a Qualifying Event Agreement will not qualify for this promotion.
• The Customer must be a legal corporate entity with a valid tax ID number, business number, or other equivalent documentation.
• The percentage discount offered pursuant to this promotion applies to guest room revenue only and does not apply to charges for banquet and catering, charges for meeting rooms, any surcharges, gratuities, taxes, audio/visual charges, and any third party charges on the master bill.
• The SPG Member must provide his/her SPG Member number in the Qualifying Event Agreement or to the applicable Participating Property at the time of booking.
• The SPG Member warrants that he/she is eligible under any applicable laws and any applicable gift and incentive policies to receive Starpoints for the applicable Qualifying Event. Starpoints may be cancelled if it is determined that the SPG Member was not authorized by Customer to receive, incorrectly received, or was ineligible to receive, the awarded Starpoints.
• For purposes of this promotion, the term “government owned entity” means any company or other entity in which the government has significant control, through full, majority or significant minority ownership interest.
• If the Qualifying Event is booked by an SPG Member on behalf of his/her employer, principal or client, the SPG Member is responsible for notifying his/her employer, principal or client of any Starpoints received under this promotion, and shall comply with any gift and incentive policies that may apply. The SPG Member agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates from any liability, costs and damages relating to claims of any third party arising from a failure to disclose the receipt of Starpoints or any other incentives. Such costs may include the cash value of any incentives that are paid directly to SPG Member’s employer, principal or client in response to a claim hereunder.
• The SPG Program Terms apply to the SPG Member’s use of Starpoints awarded under this promotion.
• If the SPG Member is a member of the Starwood Preferred Planner® program (“SPP”), and is booking the Qualifying Event on behalf of his/her employer, client, or other entity, the SPP Terms & Conditions apply in addition to these Promotion Terms. To the extent of a conflict with the SPP Terms & Conditions, these Promotion Terms prevail.
• Starpoints will not be awarded on complimentary or barter rooms and meetings.
• If the Qualifying Event is not paid for in accordance with the Qualifying Event Agreement or cancelled, the promotion will be void.
• If the Qualifying Event is canceled, the Starpoint signing bonus may be removed from the SPG Member’s account.
• Starwood may correct the amount of Starpoints shown as credited to an SPG Member at any time.
• Promotion is valid only at Participating Properties.
• To the extent that terms are capitalized in these terms and conditions, the terms have the meanings specified in the SPG Program Terms.
• Starwood is not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
• This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
• Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this promotion at any time.
• SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
© 2014 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
©2014 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.